Clarke Energy are delighted to co-sponsor the FDF Virtual Convention 2020. The FDF Convention will take place over two days, Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Clarke Energy Project and Market Development Manager, Adam Wray Summerson will be joining the panel discussion Climate & Carbon Net Zero: How food & drink producers can work towards Net Zero, 9am – 10am.
- Chair: Emma Piercy, Head of Climate Change & Energy Policy, FDF
- Julie Gartside, European Operations Manager: Advisory Services – Carbon & Energy Management, SLR
- Andrew Bright, Director, ITPEnergised
- Karen Fisher, Special Advisor, WRAP
- Adam Wray-Summerson, Chartered Engineer, Clarke Energy
This session will explore the opportunities and challenges facing the food and drink manufacturing sector as the pace to decarbonise accelerates to net zero by 2050. The scope for reducing onsite emissions will be discussed as well as strategies to look at wider supply chain emissions. The role of government policy and the regulatory framework will be examined, with a view to identifying the key policy asks the sector needs to see in the forthcoming Industrial Decarbonisation Strategy expected in Spring 2021.
Day one will focus on Sustainable Healthy Diets, Climate & Carbon Net Zero, and Plastics & Packaging:
Day two will focus on Automation & Digitalisation, Commercial Focus: How the industry can regain commercial ground in 2021, and the key issues for Scotland and Wales: