GE Jenbacher Type-2 Engine
The GE Jenbacher Type-2 gas engine was introduced in 1974 and is the engine with the longest development history of the range. The 208 has 8 inline cylinders and is available at two levels of electrical output either 249kWe or 330kWe. The J208 is renowned for its robust design and highest levels of component durability. It is particularly well suited to troublesome gases such as landfill gas. The generator has a long service life, with a major overhaul not scheduled until 60,000 hours of operation. Optimised components and a provide control and monitoring concept give this engine outstanding reliability. The J208 genset, with no heat recovery, is available in a compact 20 foot container .
- High electrical and thermal efficiency for maximum return on investment.
- Robust, flexible design with high reliability on difficult gases.
- Available as containerised ‘plug-and-play’ units for quick installation.
- Optimised combustion for maximum efficiency.
- Turbocharger bypass evens out extreme operating conditions.
- High-performance, long-life spark plug for reliable operation.
- Knocking control compensates for methane number fluctuation.
- LEANOX® lean burn control ensures minimal emissions.
- Compact engine control with integrated network synchronisation.
Visit the GE Jenbacher website to read more about the Type 2 GE Jenbacher engine.